forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 03-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 8,854
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Stann's got power, but the fact that fight is being televised is a joke. I'm all for supporting veterans, but we're going to hear them talk about Stann's military career for the 9 millionth time courtesy of Zuffa and I'm a little over it. He's a great boxer, with good power but his game is limited at best. Let's get him to fight Kimbo or Bobby Lashley. Then we'll see what kind of game he has against top flight competition :P

In other news, and you should like this post moves, they're saying that Portland is still in line for UFC 102 and they are now saying that Demian Maia might be on the card. . .fighting ANDERSON SILVA FOR A TITLE SHOT! That would be in addition to Nog/Couture possibly being the headlining for that fight. We'll have to keep our ears open. It would be awesome, and I might just have to drive up the price for the sex w/ my dog and lady in order to afford it.

Source:
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 21,685
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I actually think Stann vs. Kimbo might be an entertaining undercard fight and could end up with knockout of the night.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:25 PM

effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Code:

Oh, it would definitely be entertaining. I mean, Kimbo v. Tank was a novelty and THAT was fun to watch, Stann v. Kimbo would totally be a KOTN and it would be a fun fight to watch for that type of point.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 27,331
Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!
Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!

Code:

Maia/Silva AND in PDX = HUGE!!

As for the Stann thing, I'm with ya on the hero-weary shit. Just found the odds off (and still may take 'em).
Not with you on the televised tip though, as he pretty much ran through WEC - though I realize the competition there was kinda shitty, I saw more than novelty - he had some mean striking victories.
As a stand up guy from way back (no BJJ background myself), I found some of his WEC stuff impressive; but I still like K's game better.
btw - Stann takes Kimbo, even @ his 205, IMO. (flame away)

Old 03-28-2009, 07:57 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,131
Newports is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Not saying it's not going to end up this way, but Silva has to get through Leites before we start getting to worked up for a Silva/Maia fight.

I would actually enjoy both potential fights - Silva/Maia or Leites/Maia - for different reasons.

I guess I will just see how the cards fall and enjoy whatever happens.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:08 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 21,685
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I think Maia should have to fight Marquardt or another big challenge first. The UFC probably won't do it because they can give they can convince fans that it will be a good fight since Maia is undefeated and a submission highlight reel.

I'm sure the UFC is hoping that Bisping beats Hendo so he can get a shot at the MW belt while giving Marquardt a couple of tough fights like Leben, Okami, maybe even Franklin before giving him another title shot if he can win both of those in '09.

I guess Wanderlei is in the mix somewhere if he can beat Franklin.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 PM

Code:

I am torn over this fight. I really like both guys and don't want either one to lose. At this point I am leaning towards Franklin winning by virtue of picking his spots on the feet and staying out of Wand's range. I guess you have to take Wand's muay thai clinch into consideration also, as that seems to be one of Franklin's only weaknesses (albeit only against one of the best MT guys in MMA).

I guess what I am saying is I don't know shit, I just don't want either to lose.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 27,331
Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!
Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!Fever said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!

Code:

Wand back @ 185? I thought he was done there.
Regardless I don't see him a player there anymore.
I've guess my view is askew, cause I've seem Maia walk through the guys @ Quest (Chael & Herman, fresh off a victory over Smith) & Nate @ Next - guys that I think highly of, even though they may not be cream of the crop any more; so I think he is deserving as anyone.

Regardless - BIG UPS to the old guy, Hendo!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 PM

Code:

I believe the Franklin fight is going to be at a 195 pound catch weight for some reason, with the winner moving up in the MW rankings. I guess Wand has been lobbying for the creation of a new 195 division, but I haven't been keeping up with the specifics.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:54 PM

Code:

Actually, from what I heard it was Franklin not Wand who wanted the fight at 195. Franklin didn't feel like cutting all the way back to MW. I mean, if he was to win, he moves back up in the rankings to fight a guy who caved his face in and made it look like skeletor. I dont blame him. Then again, that could easily be false info, who knows.